"... one of the coolest presentations at AGC's Technology Forum for its sheer ingenuity," writes Christina. "It's like 'Google-Street-View-on-Steroids' definitely does the technology justice, because that's exactly what it is in a nutshell."
"Wow! That was nice surprise to see the lengthly article along with screen grabs from our Matterport 3D Showcase WalkArounds," says Dan. "Nice to see a major construction tech consulting practice amplify our message to general contractors in the commercial construction space to look at our Google-Street-View-on-Steroids solution for making money, saving time and improving documentation.
"We have no doubts that We Get Around will practically smash it out of the water when it comes to implementing their technology into the real estate industry," writes Christina.
In addition to the ZBRELLA blog post, please see the transcription below of the interview with Dan and the We Get Around blog post that includes a video and transcription of Dan speaking at the AGC Atlanta Technology Forum where this ZBELLA interview took place.
Transcript (Lightly Edited)
ZBRELLA Television Network Host Cristina Urban:
- I am standing here with Dan Smigrod, the Founder, CEO and Chief Photographer of We Get Around. Dan, we got to watch your presentation, and it was amazing.
- We played around a little bit on your website before we came here, and you create interactive 3D models of residential and commercial properties.
- Your website says that you are Google-Street-View-on-Steroids, which is a very funny little catchphrase. And we want to know, how are you planning to move into the construction realm when people are saying this looks like it is more for real estate?
We Get Around Founder, CEO and Chief Photographer Dan Smigrod
- Yes, Cristina, great question. And we are the Google-Street-View-on-Steroids. So, if you think about taking a Google Street View walk-around experience, we do that. And because the camera is capturing data simultaneously to the photography that means there’s all kinds of interesting possibilities that are opened by having an object file (.obj) to share with a CAD architect.
- We happen to be focused on luxury real estate and we’re staying quite busy shooting houses; million dollar plus luxury homes that are available for sale. Now, that said, this technology – our solution – is right at that moment where innovation takes place: technology created for one vertical being used by another.
- And so, if you ask me, can our solution be used in the construction space by general contractors, by builders, I’m not sure I know the answer.
- So, I would much rather show our three-dimensional models, our 'WalkArounds' of interior spaces, to an audience like AGC Atlanta chapter, and be able to say, 'here’s what we do. We’re doing this in luxury real estate, how does this apply to your business?'
- During our presentation, we gave three thought-starters:
- reference photography
- These are the three R’s for the commercial construction space. While these are three great solutions, how else might general contractors use our technology to collapse time to enable things to happen faster and to generate revenue, and to do a process perhaps better than it’s being done today with existing technology?
- Our solution has only been possible since July 2014. We Get Around, my company, has also started forming a Network of other photographers like us across the US and on five continents. So, that means even today we can dispatch a photographer to hundreds of cities across the globe to offer this solution. So, you don’t have to be here right in Atlanta.
- At We Get Around we’re obviously very excited to be in front of general contractors to share our WalkAround experience and really ask the question, Cristina, "how might you use our solution in your business?"
- It’s really about general contractors, the IT people, the marketing people, looking at what we are doing, and saying, "how might we leverage this new technology in the commercial construction space?"
- We Get Around Blog (3 February 2015) Matterport 3D Tech for General Contractors in Commercial Construction
- ZBRELLA Blog (12 February 2015) Up Close and Personal with We Get Around