Finance Park at Junior Achievement of Georgia located in the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta. Matterport 3D Showcase by We Get Around Chief Photographer Dan Smigrod
Walking-around a Matterport 3D Showcase is as easy as 1-2-3. Here are easy and advanced tips to get started and then to be a power-walker!
- Click on the blue 3D Showcase bar and the virtual tour will load within 15 seconds
- Click on either the Floor Plan or 'Doll House' Views in the bottom left; then click on any point to 'fly-in' to the space
- To walk-around, use the arrow keys on your keyboard (or the onscreen arrows: bottom right)
- Full-Screen View – click on the double-arrow icon in the top right to view full-screen.
- Speed Walker – hold you finger down on an arrow key to speed-walk-around
- Super-Speed Walker – using two fingers on your Mac trackpad, move forward or back
- Zoom In/Out – of Floor Plan or Doll House views: two-finger pinch in-out on a Mac
- Look Up/Down – Click, Hold and Drag up or down on a Mac
- Hop, Skip and Jump – Click on a circle on the floor; that's the location of the 360º sweep
- Move the Doll House or Floor Plan – Click and Drag
Computers versus Mobile Devices
- Matterport 3D Showcases can be viewed within any browser that supports WebGL. For example, Chrome has WebGL preloaded. Safari will show you how to enable WebGL.
- Apple has announced that WebGL will be supported in iOS8 this month (September 2014). Matterport will optimize 3D Showcases for iOS8 going forward.
- Mobile viewing on Android devices is coming soon.
Matterport + Oculus + Samsung Gear VR + And More
Samsung announced yesterday (3 September 2014), its version of Oculus: Gear VR. It's likely that Matterport will support Samsung's solution as well.