[Last Updated Sunday, 26 June 2016 by Dan Smigrod]
Dan Added these 4 Bullet Points on 5 November 2015:
- I switched to the Manfrotto MT190XPRO4 4 Section Aluminum Tripod ($219.99) paired with a Desmond DLEV-1 Leveler Level ($79.95). That's instead of:
- the Manfrotto MT190XPRO3 3 Section Aluminum Tripod ($219.88) and
- the Sunwayfoto MAC-14 60mm Clamp ($39).
- The above enables me to lower the camera to a lower average eye-level (better for VR) and make it easier and faster to level the Camera with less stress on the tripod (adjust with the Desmond Leveler; rather than by adjusting the height of the tripod legs). I still use a bubble level.
- While I also bought a Manfrotto 438 3/8 Ball Camera Leveler ($82.95) to compare to the Desmond DLEV-1 level, the adjusting handle can not move freely with the Sunwayfoto MAC-14 60mm Clamp and the Desmond leveling solution is simply better, easier and faster to do the adjustment and with the Demond Leveler, you do not need the Sunwayfoto Clamp.
- I included the various Manfrotto tripods in my shopping list below. I did not include the Manfrotto 438 3/8 Ball Camera Leveler. While it might be fine for DSLR photography, it simply doesn't work with the Sunwayfoto clamp. While it may work with other clamps with the Matterport Camera, I choose not to include it.
- I discuss the above in this We Get Around Blog Post for Matterport Photographers: Tripod, Leveler and Bubble Level Solution.
When you buy a Matterport Pro 3D Camera and subscribe to a Matterport Cloud Services Plan, what other camera gear and accessories will you need? We Get Around Chief Photographer Dan Smigrod shares his shopping list.
We did not total the numbers because, in some cases, Dan gives you options to select. For example, Dan bought the Apple iPad Air with 128GFB, Wi-Fi+ 4G LTE Verizon, AppleCare, Smart Cover and Gripster Wrap. You may decide instead to just buy the iPad Air 16GB Wi-Fi. For clarification, you only need Wi-Fi to pair with the Matterport Pro 3D Camera.
Dan uses the "digital beeping" level for stairs and simply eye-balls the top of the camera to see that it's level enough. The tolerance for less-than-perfect leveling is huge. On his shopping list below, Dan includes a money-saving bubble level too. What about the bubble that comes with the Sunwayfoto MAC-14 60mm Clamp tripod head (please see below), you can not see the bubble once the Matterport Pro 3D Camera is placed on top of the tripod.
Everything on Dan's list can be bought via Amazon, except for the Golden Hour iOS app to help get the outside lighting to look its best.
Above: Mini HD Projector Perfect for Presentations (MUG Forum Post)
Below, if you are shooting on a construction site, Dan's shopping list also includes . . .
Did you find this shopping list helpful? Did Dan miss something? Please let us know. Contact Us.
Disclosure: We Get Around is an Amazon affiliate. Amazon pays us a commission when you buy using the buttons above. You get a convenient shopping list and we get to buy even more Krispy Kreme doughnuts to help make friends fast in construction sites' break rooms.