vCAD for Pre-Built Spaces: Convert Your CAD File to VR on a Smartphone
Imagine 'Walking Around' a Space in Virtual Reality That Does Not Yet Exist
Imagine 'walking around' a space in Virtual Reality (VR) that does not yet exist.
With the vCAD CAD-to-VR conversion and publishing service (video), you can easily, quickly and affordably convert most CAD files to VR viewing experiences on a smartphone using the vCAD app (iOS, Android).
The smartphone gets paired with any Google Cardboard VR Viewer.
Instead of reviewing blue-prints or a 2-dimensional floor plan, a client can visualize the interior and exterior of a space in VR and give the architect or designer immediate feedback.
Additionally, with Spectator mode, the client could be in Athens, Georgia and the architect in Athens, Greece and as the client views the space in VR, the architect sees - on his computer - exactly what the client is looking at: real-time collaboration from two different locations.
Plus, with One-Touch Navigation, movement within a vCAD created VR model is continuous and silky smooth: no jumping from point-to-point and no fade-to-black transitions.
Getting Started VIEWING a VR Experience of a Pre-Built Space is as Easy as 1-2-3
- Download the vCAD free app (iOS, Android)
- Go to the vCAD VR Gallery
- View any of the examples in the vCAD app with One-Touch Navigation
Getting Started CREATING a VR Experience of a Pre-Built Space is as Easy as 1-2-3
- Set up a vCAD cloud account
- CAD to VR: Upload your CAD file to the vCAD cloud | CAD file formats supported: | Revit | SKP 2014 | OBJ | FBX | FBX - Tilt Brush
- Within minutes, download the VR model to your smartphone to view the model in VR
vCAD File Format Guide
- Revit - export as RVT or FBX
- Sketchup - export as SKP 2014 or FBX
- 2020 Spaces Fusion, export as a .SKP 2014 or .OBJ
- Matterport – export as OBJ
- Maya – export as FBX
- Rhino – export as FBX
- Solidworks –export as OBJ
- Titlebrush – export as FBX
And, the vCAD viewing experience does not require tethers or expensive equipment to buy.
With vCAD, now every architect, space planner, engineer or artist can quickly, easily and affordably immerse their clients into their designs. VR models can be easily shared privately or publicly. Plus, give live presentations at conferences, meetings and remotely with the vCAD Spectator mode within the vCAD cloud account. Spectator mode is the WebGL platform as demonstrated in the realtime background video from the WVLT interview shown above. For tech notes, please see the vCAD immersifier and Spectator Guidelines.
To explore VR of a pre-built space, download the vCAD app (iOS, Android) and buy a Google Cardboard VR Viewer such as:
- Google Cardboard (V2)
- Unofficial Cardboard (unbranded, branded)
- Homido Mini
- Mattel View-Master Deluxe
- Merge VR
vCAD is a product from ImmersaCAD based out of Knoxville, TN.
Special Offer for We Get Around Basic, Standard and Premium Members
Members save 30 percent per month on the vCAD – CAD-to-VR conversion service:
- vCAD Personal Account: Save $5 monthly: $10 monthly instead of $15 monthly (after 14-day free trial)
- vCAD Professional Account: Save $11 monthly: $39 monthly instead of $50 monthly (after 14-day free trial)
Now, We Get Around Network Members can also offer VR experiences of pre-built spaces.
Read More About vCAD from ImmersaCAD
- Business Wire (15 February 2017) immerseraCAD Launches Affordable vCAD Virtual Reality System
- Business Wire (24 January 2017) Tour the Super Bowl Stadium in Virtual Reality with vCAD
- Business Wire (10 November 2017) ImmsersaCAD VR Technology Premies at Audodesk University Las Vegas Conference
vCAD Brochures (.pdf)